caster sugar, lemon juice and lemon wedges
1) Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl with the sieve held high above the bowl.
2) Make a well in the middle of the flour and break the eggs into it.
3) Whisk together until combined then gradually add small quantities of the milk and water mixture.
4) Make sure any flour around the edge of the bowl is mixed in, and keep whisking until the batter is smooth, with the consistency of thin cream.
5) Melt the butter in a frying pan (7/8 inch). Spoon 2 tbsp of it into the batter and whisk again.
6) Pour the rest of the butter into a bowl and use it when needed to lubricate the pan (use kitchen paper to smear the butter round the pan before you begin too).
7) Get the pan really hot then turn the heat down to medium.
8) A ladle or a small cup is really useful for adding the batter to the pan in one go. You may have to experiment with the amount of batter you want as it depends on preference and pan size. Try around 4 tbsp first. Add more straight away if it's not enough.
9) As soon as the batter hits the pan, tip it around the pan to get the base evenly coated.
10) Use a palette knife or spatula to loosen the pancake from the pan after the pancake is no longer liquid.
11) Flip over and cook both sides until golden brown.
12) Serve on a plate with lemon, sugar, syrup, tinned fruit...or whatever you like!