Friday 24 July 2015

Handmade Seller Interview: Geschmeide Unter Teck

The wonderful Etsy shop in the spotlight today is Geschmeide Unter Teck; a Germany-based shop that sells awesome themed resin rings and earrings. I particularly love the knitting themed one!

I hope you enjoy the interview:)

How did you get started in your handmade business?
I love unusual rings and I wanted to make a resin ring for myself as a summer project. I read all about the craft process, and then made my first experiments with resin. A friend gave me the idea to start selling my jewelry to others.

What first made you want to become an artist/craftsperson?
I've always liked to draw, and at college I took art as a main subject. Now my full-time job is communication designer. This is all going in the same artistic direction.


Apart from crafts, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Handicraft or making jewelry is my pastime. But I also love dancing and skiing.

How long have you been creating art/crafts and how long have you been selling online?
I founded my jewelry company in late 2010. In 2011 I opened my shop at DaWanda and 2013 at Etsy.

How did you come up with your shop name?
I named my design firm "Design unter Teck" ("Design below Teck"), because I live in Kirchheim unter Teck. Teck is a lovely castle at the edge of the "Swabian Alb", which I see in front of my window. "Geschmeide unter Teck" ("Jewels below Teck") was a logical continuation for me. Also my group of friends call themselves "Friends below Teck" :-)


Do you have another job? What is it?
My day job is graphic design.

What is your favourite part of your handmade business?
I like to design new jewelry. I'm constantly thinking about new ideas.

What are three tools in your workspace that you could not live without?
My breathing mask, my drill and my hands.

What would your dream job be?
I already have my dream job(s).


I hope you are enjoying this interview series, and please keep an eye out for more coming soon!

No comments: